This last while has not been easy. Everyone seems to be out to make my life miserable and difficult. I thought that at least my psychologist would be on my side.
But no, apparently not. My fiance had to phone and cancel my appointment last week because my stress IBS was flared up by the benefits office nagging at me about tribunals. Now this week she has written to me and used it as an excuse to get me off her books. Apparently I should view my being let down by a benefits system that's supposed to help me till I get better by just going out and getting a job I'm not ready for and fighting through all my pain and suffering. Just like I failed to do just a few months ago.
Basically, I'm taking up too much time and she wants me to leave and pretend I'm any better. She has barely touched on any of my OCD at all. I've been seeing her for three months and basically all she has done is let me talk and ask me to keep track of when I wash my hands. She hasn't improved my anxiety, nor provided any way for me to try and do so at home. She hasn't dealt with any of my other obsessions at all; basically ignoring everything I say about them when she asks me how I've been during the past week. She hasn't even fixed my contamination issues as proved by her own letter; I was so stressed after reading it that I washed my hands 10 times within the space of an hour.
But I'm well enough to go back to the job centre and searching for work that sent me there in the first place? I think not. What kind of world do we live in where if your not better within 3 months you just have to go away and get on with it? What kind of world is it where our medical proffessionals are pressured by the government to just send us out fixed or not? And what kind of world do we live in where they would rather push OCD people to suicide than learn how to treat it properly and allow the time to do it?
No comments:
Post a Comment