Thursday, 10 October 2013

NHS - Nationwide Horrific Service

I've not been posting on here lately. Not because I don't want to; but because my OCD has been getting worse and consuming more of my time.

Now, I am not blaming the NHS for my OCD getting worse. I am blaming them for it not getting better. The service I've recieved from them has been abysmal.

My last appointment was in June. It took them till mid September to remember I had missed my last scheduled appointment. How can it take 3 months for a Psychologist to realise she hasn't seen her patient? for all the attention they have paid I could have committed suicide or anything in that time. They were just happy I wasn't cluttering up their books by taking up 1 hour a week.

Not only did they take 3 months to get in touch with me, when they got in touch it was to tell me that if I didn't phone them within 2 weeks they would consider my case closed and if I then needed any more psychiatric help I would need to be referred again and sent back to the bottom of the waiting list. I phoned later that week and after phoning 3 times only to get an answering machine saying that due to understaffing they couldn't take my call; I finally got through. The woman I finally managed to speak to told me that my Psychologist was off until next Monday on holiday but that she would leave her a note.

By next Wednesday I still hadn't heard from her. I phoned back the hospital and was told that now my Psychologist was off sick and she wouldn't be back till next Monday. But the receptionist remembered my name so she would put the note in bold this time.

Now that was last week. She was supposed to phone on Monday. It is now Thursday night and I still haven't heard from her. I am entitled to treatment. Their manifesto says so. It also says that as an OCD patient I should be entitled to be seen whenever my condition flares up without being sent back to the bottom of a 6 month waiting list after my treatment. I am not going to stop phoning them till I hear back from them. No matter how much it sounds like they are just avoiding my calls in the hope I'll stop phoning.

My OCD is only getting more serious and they are supposed to be helping me. I wish I could afford private healthcare but I can't. I need to be mistreated by the National HEALTH Service in the hopes that one day they might actually try and help me.

What is the NHS coming to when they take massive cuts in their already abysmal Mental Health sector to pay for better care for physical illness? Why is it less important to treat people's mental health? Why is right for Mental Illness to just be swept under the carpet and the sufferers to just be pushed aside when the people who are meant to help them just get bored? Mental illness is just as disabling for some people as physical illness's. So why is it less important?

No comments:

Post a Comment