Well yesterday I went back to my CBT session. I only managed to do my reordering exercise once but thankfully they are always very understanding that I might not be up to it all the time.
Over this weekend I just have to leave the DVDs out of order. No more changing them up just now but I have to wait till it doesn't feel totally wrong before I can order them again. I also have to keep a Thought Diary so my psychologist can see if there are any correlations in my worrying and stressful thoughts compared with each other or what I'm doing at the time. She only gave to a sheet with 8 spaces though. I think she underestimates how much my mind goes into overdrive. Although I'm finding it difficult to decide what gets put on the chart and what doesn't.
Next week I have to go twice because apparently it is more effective if the sessions are closer together. Also during my last session my psychologist touched something sticky she'd put on the table and moved it all about the room even behind me. It took ages for me to calm down but next week they are making me touch it and keep it on my hands for five minutes... I can't even imagine what that will be like. I get really anxious and stressed just thinking about it.
Sort of dreading Monday now...
No comments:
Post a Comment