Now I think someone needs to address this. It is relevant to everyone. Even me sometimes. This is not something that is just for non-sufferers. OCD people are more than capable of this issue too.
Now, I'm going to address this from the point of view of my own OCD. OK, my main obsessions are body related, germ related, health related or relationship related. These are no go areas unless you are trying to induce a panic attack. Everyone who knows me even moderately well knows this.
HOWEVER, this doesn't seem to stop people from going there. An example from today alone, my ex (yes I know I said I wouldn't mention him but he was stalkery and this just needs to be said). He knows me and my OCD very well indeed. Intimately, one might say. So, explain to me this, how did he think that it was ok to leave a comment on my last post telling me that he just talked himself into loving me because he had low self-esteem and now realises he was never attracted to me?
Because that doesn't touch on my main no go areas at all (and yes, that was very sarcastic). I realise that he has OCD and body issues too.... But that does not excuse setting off mine.
This sort of thing happens all the time for people. People say things they know are areas to avoid with a person. Whether because it makes them feel better about themselves, they are trying to upset you or just don't care/notice they said anything upsetting. And as I said, I'm sure I do it too. But I think we all need to be more aware of what we say to people.
Sorry for the rant
No comments:
Post a Comment