Friday, 18 January 2013

Day 9 - ROCD and Balding Obsession

Well I've missed a couple of days posting since I was staying with my fiance for a couple of days but I'll update you now.

I've had a terrible cold so I've spent most of the time asleep in bed which helped my OCD keep quiet on the whole. I always feel better with him anyway but I still managed to get in a couple of panic attacks in between the feverish naps.

Firstly, I still keep getting paranoid that I'm going bald in some way. Not that I keep pulling out loads of strands of hair or anything. More that I'll feel a sore patch or obsess that their is a thinner patch of hair on my scalp. I have to keep asking for reassurance over it and getting people to check and make sure my hair still looks the same.

Then there was my ROCD (Relationship OCD). It is an obsession that recurs for me very frequently. Probably more than most of my obsessions. This time it was centred on my being ill. That the fact that I was too ill to feel up to having sex as much  would somehow mean I didn't love him as much; or that he would at least think I didn't love him because of it. Also when it came time to leave, I was quite looking forward to being ill in my own bed (because your own comforts are always best when you are ill) but I didn't want to leave him and I got really paranoid that he would think I was looking forward to getting away from him not just to get to a more familiar bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment