Friday, 1 March 2013

Day 51 - Under Pressure

I never thought somebody else's party would cause so much stress. I've spent all day stressing out over making cupcakes and chocolate lollipops.

My OCD has been going insane over all the prep I'm having to do for my Grandparents Anniversary party. I want it all to go well for them so I'm feeling really pressured to look right and to do well with the jobs I've been given. I've spent all day with my planning in overdrive.

Three batches of cupcakes; vanilla, raspberry and chocolate. all decorated with piped on icing, edible glitter, flowers and hearts. All the planning out and obsessing over the recipes and oven times and cupcake mix in each case and amount of icing and whether they all look equal.

Then there's planning out my preparation. Planned out to within a minute but everything has taken longer than I thought so it's nearly eleven at night and I'm just getting my nails done. I've planned out my outfit and makeup and jewellery and I'm not looking forward to tomorrow before the party starts. Everyone will be running around like headless chickens and I can't cope with chaos. And I have to do my Gran's nails when I've never done another person's nails and she is the star of the show.

Then there's my Fiance as well. His OCD is being set off by having to go to this party. He hates parties so I feel bad for making him go to it but I need him there to keep me sane.

So much stress all for a few hours tomorrow night... Wish me luck...

No comments:

Post a Comment