Sorry I haven't been posting as much this week as I usually do. Maybe it's a good thing. People don't have me cluttering up their feeds. I've just been too caught up and depressed over my CBT.
It's really hard to stick to. Especially since it just makes u feel worse to start with. I'm that awful kind of OCD sufferer who backs off and gives up as soon as anything is difficult. But I've stuck with it at least. I resisted the urge to test my symptoms and Google them when I was worried about migraines or any other kind of weird feelings I got.
I felt awful. The anxiety went through the roof and stayed there for far longer than usual. It only went down after a few hours of rocking back and forth and crying and hyperventilating and panicking.
I went back to the psychologists today though and she said she was very proud of me for giving it a go at least. Next week I've got to write a list of my obsessions in order of least to most scary so they can cater my treatment. So that shouldn't be too hard...
Kat I hope your therapy is helpful for you ;P If in the end some relief of your ocd symptoms is found then the beginning struggles will be well worth it.
ReplyDelete