Today I got my first actual session of Cognitive Behavioural Therapy.
First off, I had a migraine so I felt awful for the whole thing and a little out of it. I also tend to get a severe case of verbal diarrhea for the whole hour. My poor CAAP (Clinical Associate in Applied Psychology) didn't get a chance to try her relaxation techniques with me. She had to shove that back to next week.
However, I got given my first piece of CBT homework. All this week I have to not check my migraines. I assume they meant any of my health panics though since I don't get migraines all the time. But I'm not allowed to google my symptoms, seek reassurance off others or give myself physical checks. I just have to sit there and deal with it.
They also told me to come to my next appointment by myself which is going to be more difficult than it sounds. I don't really have a problem going on buses alone as long as I have my ipod to keep my mind occupied and my psychologist didn't actually say to stop that. But whatever, I'd do what they said if it kept them happy. They'll stop my treatment if I don't. My main issue is that I'm going there on the way to my Fiance's. So he is going to be there so he can go home.
I wonder if they'll accept that as a reason or if they'll tell me off? It's not like I asked anyone to come with me. He came round at the last minute. When I made the appointment I told mum she didn't have to come with me next week and stuff. I suppose for all the stuff they are making me do that is a fairly minor worry though. Maybe it just hasn't all sunk in yet. I suppose we'll see as soon as I find a health obsession to stress over.
No comments:
Post a Comment