Cognitive Behavioural Therapy is proved to be the most effective treatment for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder.
It surrounds the reprogramming of the mind. So you force yourself to not carry out compulsions till you stop feeling anxious about it. So far I'm not keen on it.
I did only start on Wednesday but I feel like nothing is happening. I feel no better my anxiety is still just shifting around inside my head. Like they are targeting one obsession at a time but the one thing they are focussing on this week isn't being an issue for me this week. Everything else is.
I feel like they are shoehorning me into a specific path. I'll see how it carries on though. Maybe it will feel more worthwhile in time. Just now though I feel like nothing is going on and they're basically telling me to suck it up and carry on anyway. They aren't really giving me support.
Oh well...
This therapy is also used to treat Bi Polar, which OCD is strongly linked to. I did not like it myself. I felt like I was being brainwashed and manipulated and some of the breathing exercises and other kind of exercises I found to be creepy. But, try and keep an open mind, my experience is A typical. It might prove to work for you as the group goes on.
ReplyDelete