Thursday, 14 February 2013

Day 36 - OCD Support

I use this blog to sort of vent about all the stress and obsessions I get and sometimes I use the communities on Google+ as well.

The support groups and blogs and psychologists are al fine and well. But in my opinion I think supportive friends and family can be the real treatment for a lot of things. Someone who is understanding and ready to listen and give suport and advice means so much more to me than NHS therapies. Psychologists are paid to try and make me better. My family are just always there with love and support. That can make the difference between wallowing in depression and self-pity with my obsessions and going out shopping to try and distract from them. I may not go about getting rid of my obsessions the right way but without people around me I don't know if I'd cope at all.

I have to say that the best support I have is my fiance. He has OCD too. At times worse than my own and he really understands all the stuff I go through with it. He's always there fore me even though I find it difficult to be there for him like I should. I sometimes feel like I don't deserve him at all. Sometimes to the point that it sets off my ROCD.

He's the best person in my life and I wouldn't change him for the world. The support he gives me is unreal and I couldn't love him more.

Happy Valentine's Day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment