Saturday, 16 February 2013

Day 38 - Mental Health Benefits

This applies to all people with mental health conditions not just my OCD. Anyone who cannot work due to their mental health is entitled to benefits in the UK.

They make it as difficult as possible to get though. It is standard practice that if you have a condition that they can't physically see then they will turn down your benefits claim the first time and make you appeal thheir decision at least once.

It's like it doesn't matter if a doctor and psychologist/ psychiatrist has declared you unfit for work till you recieve treatment. If they can't see it then you are making it up and you should be treated like you are till you prove it over and over and over again.

I've had my payments stopped yet again because they have decided that I am fit for work despite the medical certificates from my doctor. I'm not in a wheel chair so I'm fit for work.

It's simply not the case. It actually makes my OCD and anxiety 100x worse every time they do this but they don't care. They think they are whittling out liars and they think I am one automatically. Because everyone makes up mental illness to the point they are given psychiatric help. Like a professional psychologist would be so easy to dupe.

I find this endlessly tiresome and stressful. I now have to phone them on Monday which will stress me out more all over again. I just wish they would take mental health as seriously as physical health. It is as, if not sometimes more, distressing and life changing

No comments:

Post a Comment