Monday, 4 February 2013

Day 26 - Stress from distractions

My OCD relies very heavily on finding distractions. Most people's is I think. We all try our best to find the thing that will distract us enough to function like a normal human being. And since I am so stressed, tense and anxious this week and my OCD has been going through the roof so has my trying to find distractions.

Sometimes though these distractions are as stressful as the obsession. It's one thing to try distracting yourself with TV or playing video games. One of my major compulsions I use to relieve stress and distract myself is planning.

I take my planning to extremes though. I have spent all weekend stressing over planning an outfit for a party, how to spend my meager allowance, what games I might want for my new laptop, what TV I want to record on my new TiVo... I can't stop worrying about it all. They should be thing I'm excited about but all I do is worry and stress over them. I can't quite explain why but it's like I want this dress and someone else is paying for it and everything for me but I can't stop questioning my decision on what one I want. I question it to the point it stresses me out.

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes it helps to sport. It is weight training. Stress weakens.

    ReplyDelete