One of the main symptoms of OCD is intrusive thoughts. It's one of the diagnosis categories that psychiatrists look for when diagnosing your OCD.
Intrusive thoughts can come in many different forms and are basically when your brain forces something through your brain that you don't want. That isn't really brought on by anything in the room or any outside triggers. They are very distressing and cause endless amounts of anxiety to the people experiencing them.
I have been having them all day. I get a couple of different kinds and today has been a bad day where I get a lot of both kinds. Some of them are like horror movies in my head. Earlier I was on the bus home from town listening to my iPod and then this thought just popped into my head. "What if someone comes up here and tries to stab you? You could kick or push him out the way but you are slow and fat and you'll be scared. He'll just stab you in the back when you're trying to escape then you'll be left dead or paralyzed." And it just stuck in my head for half the rid home. I kept looking at all the other people on the bus making sure none of them looked like they had a knife or like they would mug me.
My other main type of intrusive thought is memories. Memories from recently or from my childhood just pop into my head. It can be anything at all but most often it's things that hurt me. Things that I had forgotten about and gotten over completely up until my OCD decides it's time to feel hurt and angry over again. It changes all the moving forward I made and makes me feel worse than I probably did at the time it happened.
No comments:
Post a Comment