When we think too much about something throughout the day or a lot even just before we go to sleep it seems to get lodged in our subconscious for the night.
OCD dreaming appears to be an issue for many people I have met with OCD as well as myself. It's hard to cope with sometimes because dreams can feel very real and can feel like they prove your OCD theories.
Last night I had two OCD fueled dreams that I can remember. The first one felt like it was totally real. Even now it feels like it was real and I have to keep checking. In my dream I had gone bald in patches on the top of my head. It was terrifying and I woke feeling both scared and then massively relieved it had been a dream.
The second one was about me being told by a load of girls that I was a lesbian over and over and over. They refused to tell me how they knew or why they were telling me just that I was. I woke up wondering if what they were telling me was true rather than if the dream had really happened but the effect is the same. I was terrified it was true and that it confirmed all my OCD fears and obsessions.
I had to go ask my fiance about it to make sure none of it was real and to get some sort of reassurance off him. And it's been bothering me all day since.
No comments:
Post a Comment