Every time I am really stressed and OCD - and by that I mean when I get the feeling where it would be a relief to go die in a corner somewhere - I go to the mental safe place. It is a sort of coping mechanism for whenever it all gets too much.
Everyone has one. It is doing something or being somewhere that makes u feel safe and secure and like nothing can touch you. Some people stay in their homes, bedrooms or beds. I am less likely to lock myself away in a darkened room and more likely to blare music so loud that my brain finds it impossible to think about anything but the music.
Anything loud and dramatic is usually the way to go. Nothing cheery or light. Sometimes dance music because the heavy beats and bass line drown out thoughts quite easily. Like right at this moment I have Ricky Martin on singing "Sexy and I know It" from Glee. Just because the beat is heavy and I like his voice enough to think about that rather than my panic attack.
I just shut my eyes and listen to the music. I can pretend that nothing else exists if it's loud enough. I do this on buses all the time because I find travelling alone really stressful and I need a safe spot even if it is only inside my head.
No comments:
Post a Comment