The second half of my psychological assessment was today. I suppose it went OK.
They didn't give me an official diagnosis like they didn't want to give me a label which kind of upset my OCD. I get OCD about whether I have OCD or not which I know is silly but I would have liked to be told by a psychologist officially rather than just reading about it and knowing that I get all the symptoms.
I was at least told I would be getting CBT (Cognitive Behavioral Therapy). I'm not sure what stuff they're going to target but they said I could tell them if I felt like they were targeting the wrong issues and stuff. My biggest issue is that I think they're going to try and fix the surface issues and send me off to college or work too soon. They mentioned they thought my issue with working was change. I don't think that's it at all.
The issue is that I don't deal with stressful or high pressure situations or environments well at all. As soon as I feel any kind of pressure my obsessions get really really bad and I find it hard to cope. Then I start looking for quick fixes like dropping out of college or blowing off work interviews and stuff.
Hopefully they will at least listen to me about it though. I think I need to be taught how to handle my obsessions and cope with my stress and anxiety in better ways before being shipped off to college or work again. I suppose I am over reacting a bit. Just all these worries are flooding into my head now despite being given good news about getting treatment. I should wait to see what they say at my first CBT appointment but it's like my brain can't settle down and allow myself to wait that long.
No comments:
Post a Comment