Right, I have given myself a complete panic attack.
I take one pill every evening at 8pm. I was on the last pill in this month's packet and I took it as normal and forgot about it till later on. My Puppy stole the empty packet from the table and chewed it up but I didn't really notice till about half an hour ago.
My OCD told me to check the packet to be sure I took it. This happens most nights but then I couldn't find the packet. When I finally found it chewed up on the floor it was obviously impossible for me to check. This sparked a massive panic attack.
I mean what if I didn't really take it. I mean, I'm fairly sure I remember taking it but the more I think about it the less convinced I am that I did. I keep running over and over it but the thing it that I do it every day and have been for about a year so it's hardly an event anymore. I don't place a lot of stock into the memory of taking it and then I just check later. But now I can't check.
I don't know what to do at all. I had to go and wake my mum up and ask her and everything. She said when the dog stole the packet it looked empty but my brain said that she could have eaten it before mum saw or she might not have seen it was still there because there was only one in a pack of 28 and they're small. She is sure I took it and that I'll be fine because I remember taking it. At least I think I remember taking it. I'm sure I do but then I don't know.
There definately aren't any left in the wreckage of the chewed up pack. The thing is they aren't dangerous so I could take another one to be safe but I've no idea. I just have no clue what to do. Do I take another one and calm my OCD that way or do I listen to my mum and trust that I took it like I always do and I'll be fine. I have only forgotten one pill ever in the year I've been taking them and it was like 6 or 7 months ago. I'm so confused and lost.
No comments:
Post a Comment